16 to 19 Bursary Scheme
The 16 to 19 Bursary Scheme is available to all students who attend Norton College’s Sixth Form. It is provided so that financial issues are not a barrier to successful completion of educational studies.
There are two bursaries available:
- Guaranteed Bursary
- You may be eligible to apply for a bursary of £1,200 a year if:-
- You are in or recently left local authority care
- You get Income Support or Universal Credit in your name
- You get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in your name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
- You get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and either ESA or Universal Credit
Discretionary Bursary – students from a low-income household are eligible to apply for financial assistance whilst at Sixth Form. Some examples of assistance available are:
- Transport to and from school
- School lunches * Educational trips / University visits
- Examination fees and resit fees / UCAS fees
- Materials and textbooks required for their course
To apply for these funds students and parents / carers will need to meet the eligibility criteria and complete a Financial Assessment Form and Specific Application Form which can be downloaded or hard copies are available from the Sixth Form Office.
Attendance, behaviour, and academic progress will be factors taken into consideration before allocation of the bursary.